Intro (the issue)
What is required I need to get a config cloud-config.yml file onto the directory /var/lib/rancher/conf (Rancher OS) on a server which has network access but I don’t have SSH access to SCP the file across why this is how you set up a public SSH key and can do all sorts of configuration please see link for more?
What are the options
- Use a Git/GitLab for storing the cloud-config.yml and pull of HTTPS sound good but I don’t have this set up yet and this is only a lab so may rip it apart at any point so not needed could use public hosted as it is my ssh public key but still don’t want to do that.
- Set up an SFTP/SCP and pull it across to the server (not sure it supports this also I like fewer holes in my firewall) the best option
- As I am on the same lab network I could use a nice feature of python shame its only HTTP to share a directory with the cloud-config.yml also I get to use python (one line but still)
Set Up The Python Simple HTTP Server
- Create a directory
- Create the file you want to share in that directory
- Open up a terminal navigate to that directory
- Type the command below now you can access a HTTP server on http://x.x.x.x:8080 and that is it
python.exe -m http.server 8080
- Ctrl+C to exit and close the server job done